Saturday, September 3, 2011

Faith Enough

There was once a time I stood very guarded. I was a social butterfly, playing nice with everyone but keeping my heart under tight wraps. Very few knew the real me and those that did I kept very close.

Life happens and the Lord brought my family to circumstances that forced me to reach out, to ask for help, to allow others in. Those that once protected me, that made up my inner circle were gone. It was time to reach out, to try, to let others in.


Over time it seems the darkness has shoved more and more of the light out until there is very little left. Maybe just enough for the step I'm on. I have cried to the Lord with all that is in me. I have begged, gotten angry, pleaded with and fallen into the one and only who can carry such pain. The enemy has no cares you see. There isn't a part of your life he won't touch and try to bring to ruins.


Looking back over my childhood, he hardened me to physical pain. I don't believe that it is coincidence that today I live every single day with gut wrenching pain. I am totally dependent on medications to allow me to move my legs, to bend without crying out. Words however are a different subject. They cut right to my heart, rip open my soul and leave me with pain that outweighs what I feel physically every day.


Today I write with such a heavy heart. I feel sorrow that threatens to overtake me. There is but a glimmer of light left in this very dark room that I call my heart. Words have been used to cut and cut deep. Some from those who seek to destroy me. Some that show me his pain, his anguish, desperation and frustrations. Words that fill me with the weight of what he too carries.


So we are at a crossroads. We can walk away or push thru.


But we have Jesus.


That's where it all becomes bearable. We have Jesus. We have a Redeemer, a Counselor, a Mighty King who has given His life to save us. He has paid the ultimate price that we may live. He has promised to never leave or forsake us. We has Christians, as believers don't have the option to walk away. We don't have to choice to call it quits. When our circumstances make us sink, we have to look up.


This morning, on my knees, praying and crying out I felt the Lord say to me, "Love, your faith has to be enough. It has to be enough for you both. He can't go on. The next step is too much. You must carry him as I have carried you by your faith."


"How Lord? How can my faith be enough when it seems so little just to me? It seems we recover from one report only to get hit hard with another. Those I have trusted have done what baffles me. It has been one punch in the gut after another and I can't breathe. Those I have called on and confided in have let me down. My heart is in my hands, my soul bare for the world to see. Lord it feels my faith is so weak itself. But I will obey. Lord, I will love him enough to let it be enough. I will keep fighting when he can't anymore. I will stand firm with my armor on, my heart protected so that I may take the brunt for my family if need be."


Let the insults come. Let the speculation rise. Let the rumors stir. Let the conversations flow. You are my Defender, my Rock, my Strength and Refuge. Brace us for the storm Lord. Lift him to higher ground. He is yours Lord. May my faith be enough for us both.


Nichole

2 comments:

  1. I read all your posts, Nicole. I just never know what to say. You're an inspiration to a lot of people including me. I'm going through some things right now that seem similar to what I read here. I am being forced to put my full trust in God and realize that He is enough. My best friend always tells me to "Look up", so we can both be working on that together.

    ReplyDelete