Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day in a box, my very best friends and special prayers for our tiny one.

My incredibly thoughtful hubby reminded me tonight that I haven't blogged all week. Why is that thoughtful you ask? He knows I love to blog and work on the blog as I continue to learn more about the blogging world, and of course to drop a hint that he's reading what I write!

This year as Port is off in KY for schools, his father's day celebration came in a box. I was so excited that he got it today so the kids and I thought he should go ahead and open it, though it's early, so that maybe he could have a fun packed weekend. Now that he's knows what he's gotten from us this year, I can have a tell all! It was a challenge this year as I had to be extra creative with a budget in mind and already having to pay to ship his special surprises. It was so neat because he opened his box with the kids and I on the phone with him, which made it feel kinda like we were together for his reactions!

Earlier this week, the kids and made our first ever batch of strawberry jam on our own (thanks to my bf Geri teaching me how it's done) to enjoy a sweet summer treat but to also send a jar daddy's way as it's his fav treat too!

In his box we included a couple of his fav magazines to read, a jar of home made jam, an REI gift card, a McDonald's gift card, and an Apple bee's gift card, a card from the kids, a card from me and this weeks sermons on CD for him to listen too during his quiet time. The kids drew pictures for him to have as some decor for his apartment and I wrote him a sappy note. Of course, nothing compares to being together for special occasions but I think we did pretty good this year!

May our daddy know how much we love him, how much we miss him now, and how proud of him we really are!

The last two weeks have been full of one disaster after another it seems. I need a dental appt as a crown came completely out, the garage door broke,the computer crashed, pay issues with the army, bank issues,a sick baby and the list goes on! One could easily give up or call it a day. I've settled for a few good cries and thanked the magnificent God we serve for my friends. I have been surrounded with the best people on the planet to be by my side when it seems my very foundation has been shaken.

I thank Jason and Geri, for lending an ear each time I've needed to talk, for cutting our grass, helping me plant, play dates, helping me clean, endless invites, taking the kids for appts, dinner and for being true servants of Christ.

I thank Jamie and Holly, who have faithfully called, text, given encouragement in prayer and talks together and offered to do any and everything despite just being reunited a week ago from a deployment of their own.

I thank my church who has been a support system, offered prayers, childcare, and has allowed me to just come as I am on the tough days. There are many more people to name by name but I would never finish this blog entry! I am so thankful to each person who has loved on us, prayed and encouraged us.

Which takes me to a special prayer request. As most know our beautiful Riley girl has been terribly sick most of her life with ear issues, staff infections and MRSA. She turned 14 months old this month! She was hospitalized for a week in April for these issues and has had 3 different surgical procedures on her ears in an effort to make her life easier. Earlier this week, horrible drainage began in her ears and back to Denver we went to talk with her doctors. I met with her surgeon, the nurse and her resident doctor. Cultures were taken to test the ear goo and all we could do was wait.

Today I received a call that staff is once again growing in her ears. Not a good sign. Lab techs are working hard to determine if it's MRSA again or a different strand and we hope to know early next week. It's very likely we are dealing with MRSA again as she's had it once before and it was one of the strongest cases her docs have seen to date. She had to be sent home with an in home care nurse and two long weeks of IV meds here. We continue to wait and pray that she be spared such an ordeal, and be healed. We know and trust that our God has a plan and is in total control. I watched her play in the yard today, so beautiful and curious of the dirt. It breaks my heart that something so terrible, an intruder of sorts is invading her now. She sleeps now and I seek wisdom from the only one who gives it in abundance to all who ask. It's the worse feeling really, aside from sending your husband to war, but to see your baby sick and feeling so helpless. I feel quite overwhelmed at the thought of another procedure, hospital stay or IV meds without the help of daddy here. Please offer up your prayers for our Riley girl when she comes to your mind.

I leave this entry tonight reflecting on quite a bit. I encourage you to love on your husbands always, but more so this weekend to show your appreciation to them, to thank your own earthly Fathers and to love our heavenly Father with all your heart, soul, might and strength. Thank Him for your health and that of your babies. Seek Him if you are pondering something in your life and walking in a wilderness of your own. He so cares for the smallest details of your life. Lastly, pray for our tiny one.

Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Wow...How did I have no idea Riley was going through so much? Please know that though I'm not on the church's prayer chain at the moment, your family is ever in my prayers. I mean that, Nichole. He brings you to my mind often, and I lift each of you up whenever He does.

    ((hugs))

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete