Thursday, June 10, 2010

One week down!

I comfort our tiny one from a bad dream and realize that it's times like these when I can see most how God has provided for and watched over my every move.

I haven't written in so long as Port was preparing to leave and I wanted to take as much time as I could for our family and date time. Most of you know, he left last Friday for Ft. Knox KY for OBC Armor school. While he's now in a beautiful furnished apartment, I sure do wish he was here in our home with me and the kiddos! He will be in school until Nov-Dec, depending on if airborne and ranger schools are available for him to take on.

The kids and I fly to GA on Aug 2 and will stay with one of his sisters, and one of my closest friends and sister, Kim for a week or so and then travel along to NC to visit with Cindy, his other sister and then to SC where we will live with his dad until he returns from schools. We do plan to travel to a few other places close to SC to visit with other family and friends while we can.

And then it hit me! I not only have to have the house packed up and our things stored until it's time for Germany but I also have to get the kids and I ready for our summer travels and reuniting with daddy. That's 2 moves on my own!

The first few days after he was gone were rough. I cried and cried as if I didn't really go through two 15 month tours and every school the army could send him too. I insisted to my sweet husband that I couldn't do it....it all became too much for me to take on. As if I had a choice, lol!

Finding a new normal is hard, especially when you have gotten used to having something very different in your life. Port was home for 2 1/2 yrs since his last tour until he left for schools. My husband is my rock, the leader of our home, my best friend and go to person. He is so very active in the lives of our three kids. He's at the gymnastics classes, the soccer games, the t-ball and basketball clinics, the well baby check ups. He's teaching bible study, driving us around for errands, helping with the grocery shopping, the laid back one. He's at church, checking on the kids in their classes, teaching them, loving all of us, encouraging us. He's taking my hands in prayer, accompanying me at the alter, holding on to me at night.

As each day passes we get a bit better and I remember that this is just what we do. My husband was born to be a solider. He was born to lead. I am at his side, taking care of skinned knees, reading bedtime stories, driving to play dates, scheduling, making it all happen until we are together again.

For the first time in my life, my heart is in so many places. I long to be in CO where my church and friends are. I long to be in KY sharing the same bed with my husband. I long to be in SC where my family is. A small part of me feels ready for Germany, for God has a mission for us there.

As a sick baby regains her health, a computer crashes, a garage door breaks, babies fall apart for their daddy, plants threaten to die, I truly see how blessed I am. My closest friends have given me time to find me and make a plan for the months and are right at my side as I ask to lean on them. I confide as I need to, being blessed with no judgement against me. No task is to big for them to take on.

We're one week down with many more to go. I thank my close circle here in CO and those in other places of the map who are supporting us, praying for us, helping and encouraging us. I thank my husband for his bravery, his passion for the army, his love for me and our family. You rock babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment