Friday, January 21, 2011

It's that time....


It's official....deployment is coming. This will be our 3rd tour in nearly 10 yrs of marriage. The first two tours were 15 months long each. This time, I will be happy for an actual 12 months. I don't dare put my hope in the rumors that the army will soon be going to 9 month deployments.

We are in pre-deployment mode around here. It's not spoken of much. We steal glances from each other, know what the other is doing when we just leave a room to begin working in another room, my lists of what we need to do and when grow by the day ranging from household repairs to Port's recorded messages to the kids for their special occasions.

I cry. I cry to the LORD, to strengthen my warrior of a husband, help him prepare, to be wise and diligent. I cry for strength and peace for our 3 babies. I cry for myself. Each time my husband leaves, past wounds, deep hurts from others, scars from my childhood resurface. I relive them on my own. Every memory, every word....I'm there again.

I cry to the LORD to pick my heart up as I send my man off to war again. I try not to think of the people who take our troops for granted, who drive their cars with anti war and coexist stickers plastered all over it. They have no idea.

I know that I have my own tour of duty ahead. I will push whatever is in front of me either uphill or out of my way. I will make my hands busy unto the LORD. I will keep my focus on Him and His plans for our family.

Thank a solider today. Thank a family. Thank our God for who they are and what they do. Reach out and break down the walls of feeling awkward contacting those you don't know, not praying with that wife because she's a female and you are a male, playing with their kids while their daddy is gone.

I lift my eyes unto the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine what you all are going through - praying for your strength & your husbands protection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chicka- got your last comment. tell port if he signs up for the newsletter on lisa leonard's website he can get 15 (i think it is 15)% off! :)

    ReplyDelete