Monday, February 7, 2011

Get Ready!

I'm doing a new bible study for military wives, more specifically those of us preparing for deployment. This spring will be our 3rd, but you never get used to it and I find I'm always needing to learn! More on the study later...I want to share a portion I read last week that has stayed on my mind and heart since then.

"God wants us to stop making excuses. We must prepare to let Him take over. We routinely care for others but don't see our strength from God. Though we may be tempted to do the minimum required to survive, God wants to actively work in us. He wants us to stand up and join Him in the process. To meet Him face-to-face in anticipation of what He wants to teach us during deployment. To look for ways He can strengthen our families. What if we choose to view deployment as an opportunity to grow closer to God and and see him work in us? Would such a mind-set help us better serve our husbands and children? Would it lead to more peace in our hearts and households? I believe the answer is yes!

We must get ready to stand and no longer allow deployments to weigh us down or let our emotions outweigh the peace, grace, and love God wants to give us. If we only ask, He offers a better way to navigate the deployment journey. Your role as a military spouse didn't happen by accident. God called you to the moment. He will see you through it."

Tour of Duty, Preparing our hearts for deployment.
By: Sara Horn

(boldness added by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment