Thursday, July 8, 2010

truckin down our bumpy road!

So last week we were told that our orders to Germany were canceled due to the health of our tiny one, Riley girl. This of course all took place on the last business day before a 4 day weekend for the 4th of July. The good news? MY HUBBY WAS HOME!!!!! We spent one super amazing weekend together as a family....aaahhhh he just brings the peace back around here! We had almost an entire day of date time, thanks to a super great sitter, which included an 18 mile bike ride on Santa Fe trail, lunch, smoothies and some REI shopping. The kids and I were terribly sad to see daddy go again!

As we approached the start of a new business week we knew we had to make some serious decisions for our family and for the health of Riley. After days of hard praying, enlisting the help of our church and friends and family that know us best, we felt God was making known a plan for us to follow on. It makes total sense for our family and will keep some calmness around here while allowing us to get the best care possible for Riley.

My husband in all of his awesomeness jumped right on it and has been working way hard non stop to get our plans known and on track with the army. We're back to waiting of course, lol, to see if all pans out with the army, if our plans will be what we hope for but that's ok. I'm totally security oriented so just having a plan to be working on will keep me semi settled enough for now.

In the meantime, my poor kids and husband have paid the price for my ultra high stress levels. I'm quite certain that they feel someone traded their mommy for this insane monster of a lady that just won't chill out.It's amazing my husband still calls, lol! I thank my God every night for the love and forgiveness that my kids have in their tiny hearts, for the commitment my husband has to our marriage. I'm hanging on to my sanity by a thread but none the less, I'm hanging on. God is so faithful and has continued to show up in my life every day, many times a day, giving me His assurance, reminding me of what I am to do now and next. Riley will FINALLY get the care she needs as we have the full attention of the army and plenty of other doctors in CO! The hard part is taking her for all these tests, putting her thru what I would rather do for her and waiting for results to come back. I am reminded tonight from the facebook status of a family member, Aunt Kathy says it best..."little ones to HIM belong, they are weak but HE is strong." Funny how sometimes God can use something as silly as facebook and a children's hymn to speak such volumes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment