Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Croppin away!





Oh how I love to scrapbook. I first began to crop when Port was on his first of two 15 month tours overseas and it was just me and Leea. She was 3 months old so her schedule was pretty predictable as far as eating and naps.

A good friend at the time invited me to a Creative Memories party. I had never heard of CM or scrap booked but went along thinking it might be fun. I was instantly hooked! I feel in love, bought a ton of stuff and went home to enjoy all my goodies after Leea was down for the night. It became a real outlet and very therapeutic for me while my hubby was so far away for so long. I made Leea's baby book first and dedicated it to both her and Port since he was gone for so much of her life.

I took a consultant job with CM and worked hard for them for 2 yrs. After Carson was born I began a book for him as well. Sadly, I haven't scrap booked nearly as much as I would like in the years. A few moves, another baby, another deployment, and life and before I knew it, I hadn't picked up my scrapbook stuff in forever.

Recently Port and I decided it would be good for me to pick it up again and reconnect with my passion. Port has invested a pretty penny in all of my CM stock so I have albums for our family for years to come. Now to fill them!

I went to National Scrapbook Day during the month of May and had a blast! I'm proud to say that I FINALLY finished Carson's baby book. He will be 4 next month LOL! I've included some pic's of some of my fav page layouts and borders to get you inspired to give it a try if you haven't before or get back into it!

Scrap booking isn't about who you buy from, what brand you use or how fancy your tools are. It's about making memories for your family, for gifting your children with your work and creativity for what they don't remember, such as when they were tiny's. I hope someday that my albums will help someone with Alzheimer's or someone grieving for a loved one. Take care of your photos and protect your beautiful moments. It's so true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Happy cropping!

Nichole

1 comment:

  1. hey girly! i redid my button if you want to check out the new one to put up!! i have always wanted to get more into scrapbooking...i have only made one back in college but i loved the crafting!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete