Tuesday, May 11, 2010

so thankful for my peeps:)

So as most of you know we are in the midst of total craziness at the Port household!

In exactly 11 days my hubby will commission as an officer in the United States Army. With that comes the ceremony we will attend (yes I got matching dresses for the girls and a coordinating polo for my little man) and then comes the reception that I am to throw. That is, if I want to stay within army tradition and not be forever branded as "the wife who didn't throw her husband a reception". I've never thrown a real reception before! Something tells me that this will be a bit more than the usual friends over for supper, coffee, whatever!

What is a girl to do to make sure all is well? Well a smart one calls on her peeps! I called my girl Geri who with her hubby's help made a super special invitation that will be sent out to all of our church family and friends thanks to the help of our awesome Pastor Tracy! Invite, check!

In the meantime, my hubby is stressing over crazy long papers that have major deadlines and I am getting my house ready for family coming in next week! My sister in law and my father in law will come to the rescue and join in on all the celebration and spend some time with Port as he leaves in 2 wks for Ft. Kox KY for several months of schooling.

My next task is to plan a menu for which I called on Geri once again. She totally had it put together in seconds! Seriously, how fab is she? menu, check!

My brain has turned to mush in trying to decide on a gift for him. I'm on a budget with so many big things happening (flying to SC, Port's schools, Carson's bday, Germany). He's super hard to buy for as he's even worse at giving gift ideas and suggestions.

Sooooo, I'm calling on my peeps again! I'm looking for theme ideas for his reception, decor ideas, gift ideas, you name it! Come on girls, lend me your creative minds!

Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm blushing! :) What are friends for right? I liked your idea you mentioned earlier. I'll talk to Jason though see if he has any good ideas. love ya!

    reynoldsinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete